About Our Studio:
Studio photography by Jeri Tidwell
Conveniently located in Howard County, Maryland, Turning Pointe Dance Academy offers a wide variety of dance classes and instruction for all ages (pre-school - adult) and skill levels (beginner - advanced).
Latest News & Updates:
- Win a professional Photoshoot with Jeri Tidwell!
- October 17, 2015
- Another great way to support TPDA’s Competitive Dance Team! Enter our raffle to win a Grande Photo Session from Jeri Tidwell Photography valued at $600. Buy Tickets Oct. 16th-Nov. 14th. Clink link under the registration section of the homepage to learn more!
- Tastefully Simple Fundraiser ends 10/16!
- October 14, 2015
- You're Invited to our Tastefully Simple party!
We're having a fundraising party online for our Competition Team- shop online for yummy snacks, mixes, and meals. See flyers at the studio for more details.
Deadline to order is October 16th.
Don't wait. Those cinnamon muffin mixes aren't going to order themselves...
- Apparel Order Forms
- October 01, 2015
- Apparel order forms are available! Scroll down and click link under registration to get form. Completed forms and payment due October 15th.
- Inferno Convention Recap
- October 01, 2015
- We're so proud of all the dancers who attended Inferno this past weekend. Special BRAVO to our dancers who were selected for the Inferno showcase, special awards, and scholarships! Ryan Blattau- Scholarship to Peridance in NYC. Osayame Evbuomwan- Scholarship to Peridance in NYC. Sarah Stillman- Outstanding Dancer and scholarship to Broadway Dance Center in NYC.
- 2015-2016 Registration is Open
- July 15, 2015
- Registration for the 2015-2016 season is open. The first day of classes is Tuesday, September 8, 2015.
- Annual Performance
- June 14, 2015
- TIMES: 2pm & 5pm LOCATION: Laurel High School, 8000 Cherry Ln, Laurel, MD 20707
$10 Child (3-9y.o),
FREE Under 3
- Current Drop In Classes
- May 14, 2015
- Interested in trying a class at TPDA? These are currently open for a free trial class-->
Mon. 8:30-9:30 Adv. Modern Jazz;
Tue. 8-9:30 Adv. Ballet/Pointe;
Wed. 8:30-9:30 Adv. Lyrical/Contemporary;
Thu. 7-8:30 Int./Adv. Ballet
- Competition Team Auditions
- May 13, 2015
- Our award winning team is holding 2015-2016 auditions!
FRIDAY, JUNE 5th, 5:30-8:45
Can't make it? Not a problem- let us know and we can assess separately.
- Summer Program Registration OPEN
- May 13, 2015
- Sign up is open on Studio Director for Magical Movements, All The World's A Stage, Dance Intensives or our Ballet Intensive. Evening class schedule is up! See our SUMMER page on the website!
- Picture Days at Turning Pointe
- April 24, 2015 - April 25, 2015
- Pictures taken at Turning Pointe Dance Academy. Proofs may be viewed and purchased directly from Jeri Tidwell's photography website. Check your email for details and picture schedule.
- Summer Evening Class Enrollment Open
- April 13, 2015
- Register on line for our wide variety of summer evening classes. This 8 week session runs from June 22 through Aug 16.
- Classes resume Monday 4/6/15
- April 04, 2015
- Classes resume from Spring Break on Monday 4/6/15. See you in class!
- Studio closing at 6:00 pm tonight
- March 03, 2015
- The studio is closing at 6:00 pm tonight because of inclement weather.
- We are OPEN
- January 26, 2015
- We are currently open for classes this evening. Please call 410.799.1333, visit our facebook page, or check back here for updates.
- We are OPEN
- January 23, 2015
- We are currently open for classes this evening and tomorrow morning. Please call 410.799.1333, visit our facebook page, or check back here for updates.
- Dance With Me! Mommy and Me classes start 1/8/15
- January 08, 2015 - February 26, 2015
- 4:15-5pm w/ Ms. Amelia
$96/8 week session
Uncover your child's love for ballet with dance, music, acting and make believe. And mommy (or daddy or grandparent or nanny...) gets to dance too! Sign up at the front desk or class 410.799.1333
- Thanksgiving Week Schedule
- November 26, 2014 - November 30, 2014
- TPDA is closed Wednesday, Nov. 26- Sun. Nov. 30th for the holiday. Have a delicious Thanksgiving!
We will see you back at the studio on Monday, Dec. 1st for all regularly scheduled classes.
- Wear your Halloween Costume!
- October 28, 2014
- Dancers are welcome to wear their Halloween costumes this week. We love seeing what you come up with!
- Bridge to Dance Summer Class for Dancers with Developmental Disabilities
- June 28, 2014 - August 16, 2014
- This eight week session introduces students to multiple dance genres including musical theater, jazz and hip hop. Using dance as a platform for social interaction and team building, students work as an ensemble with the instructor to create choreography for the end of session sharing.
- Summer Day Program Registration is Open!
- June 23, 2014 - August 16, 2014
- Registration for our summer programs is now open. We have Magical Movements for 3 - 6 year olds, All the World's a Stage for 7 - 14 year olds, and Dance and Ballet Intensives for experienced dancers ages 7 -20. We are looking forward to a summer full of dance! Our 8-week summer evening class schedule begins June 23rd.