About Our Studio:
Studio photography by Jeri Tidwell
Conveniently located in Howard County, Maryland, Turning Pointe Dance Academy offers a wide variety of dance classes and instruction for all ages (pre-school - adult) and skill levels (beginner - advanced).
Latest News & Updates:
- Congratulations 2016/2017 Team Dancers!
- June 29, 2016
- We can't wait to work with our new competition teams for the upcoming season. Parents- check your inboxes for important team information/contracts. Signed contracts due July 13th.
- Hall Of Fame Dance Challenge National Competition
- June 17, 2016
- TPDA Competition team is traveling to Sandusky Ohio for Nationals! Check out the schedule and watch the competition online! Copy & Paste in your browser: http://www.halloffamedance.com/nationals/view.aspx?id=611
- TPDA Welcomes CHRISTOPHER HUGGINS
- June 16, 2016
- We're honored to welcome renowned Choreographer, master Teacher, and former Soloist with Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater CHRISTOPHER HUGGINS. He'll be working with our team dancers today!
- Tickets on sale NOW!
- June 03, 2016
- Ticket prices are $14/adult (ages 10 and up) and $10/child (ages 3-9) in advance. They will be $16/adult and $12/child at the door. Children 2 and under are free but must sit on a parent's lap.
Please note we will only release tickets to parents whose accounts are paid up to date excluding summer fees.
- Studio Closed Monday, May 30th
- May 29, 2016
- The studio is closed Monday, May 30th in observance of Memorial Day.
- Summer Evening Class Registration
- April 03, 2016
- Registration is open for our 7-week summer evening class session from June 27, 2016 to August 13, 2016.
- TPDA SPRING BREAK
- March 24, 2016
- The studio is closed Friday, March 25th- Sunday, April, 3rd for Spring Break. Classes resume Monday, April 4th.
- Studio closed 2.15.16
- February 15, 2016
- TPDA is CLOSED Monday, February 15th due to the weather. Enjoy dancing in the snow and stay warm!
- Open Wednesday, 1.27.16
- January 27, 2016
- TPDA is open Wednesday, 1.27.16 for all classes at the Elkridge and Top Tier locations. Please use care when driving. If you are uncomfortable with the traveling conditions please do not feel obligated to come. Use your best judgment and we hope to see you at the studio this evening!
- Closed Tuesday & Plans for Wednesday
- January 26, 2016
- TPDA will be closed Tuesday, 1.26.16 for regularly scheduled classes. We plan to open for classes on Wednesday, 1.27.16 at both the Elkridge studio and the Top Tier locations. Can't wait to get back into the groove!
- Studio Closed Monday
- January 25, 2016
- Due to snow, TPDA will be closed Monday, 1.25.16. Stay warm!
- Studio Closing
- January 22, 2016
- Due to weather, TPDA is closed Friday, 1/22/16 and Saturday, 1/23/16. Stay safe and warm!
- Inclement Weather Reminder
- January 21, 2016
- We do NOT follow Howard, Baltimore, or Anne Arundel county school closing schedule. Alway call the studio, check the website here, or look on facebook for information about studio closings due to weather.
- December Cecchetti Exams
- December 07, 2015
- Congratulations to all the students who took Cecchetti exams this past week(end). We are so proud of your hard work and dedication. You all passed. Congrats!
- Win a professional Photoshoot with Jeri Tidwell!
- October 17, 2015
- Another great way to support TPDA’s Competitive Dance Team! Enter our raffle to win a Grande Photo Session from Jeri Tidwell Photography valued at $600. Buy Tickets Oct. 16th-Nov. 14th. Clink link under the registration section of the homepage to learn more!
- Tastefully Simple Fundraiser ends 10/16!
- October 14, 2015
- You're Invited to our Tastefully Simple party!
We're having a fundraising party online for our Competition Team- shop online for yummy snacks, mixes, and meals. See flyers at the studio for more details.
Deadline to order is October 16th.
Don't wait. Those cinnamon muffin mixes aren't going to order themselves...
- Apparel Order Forms
- October 01, 2015
- Apparel order forms are available! Scroll down and click link under registration to get form. Completed forms and payment due October 15th.
- Inferno Convention Recap
- October 01, 2015
- We're so proud of all the dancers who attended Inferno this past weekend. Special BRAVO to our dancers who were selected for the Inferno showcase, special awards, and scholarships! Ryan Blattau- Scholarship to Peridance in NYC. Osayame Evbuomwan- Scholarship to Peridance in NYC. Sarah Stillman- Outstanding Dancer and scholarship to Broadway Dance Center in NYC.
- 2015-2016 Registration is Open
- July 15, 2015
- Registration for the 2015-2016 season is open. The first day of classes is Tuesday, September 8, 2015.
- Annual Performance
- June 14, 2015
- TIMES: 2pm & 5pm LOCATION: Laurel High School, 8000 Cherry Ln, Laurel, MD 20707
$10 Child (3-9y.o),
FREE Under 3
- Current Drop In Classes
- May 14, 2015
- Interested in trying a class at TPDA? These are currently open for a free trial class-->
Mon. 8:30-9:30 Adv. Modern Jazz;
Tue. 8-9:30 Adv. Ballet/Pointe;
Wed. 8:30-9:30 Adv. Lyrical/Contemporary;
Thu. 7-8:30 Int./Adv. Ballet
- Competition Team Auditions
- May 13, 2015
- Our award winning team is holding 2015-2016 auditions!
FRIDAY, JUNE 5th, 5:30-8:45
Can't make it? Not a problem- let us know and we can assess separately.
- Summer Program Registration OPEN
- May 13, 2015
- Sign up is open on Studio Director for Magical Movements, All The World's A Stage, Dance Intensives or our Ballet Intensive. Evening class schedule is up! See our SUMMER page on the website!
- Picture Days at Turning Pointe
- April 24, 2015 - April 25, 2015
- Pictures taken at Turning Pointe Dance Academy. Proofs may be viewed and purchased directly from Jeri Tidwell's photography website. Check your email for details and picture schedule.
- Summer Evening Class Enrollment Open
- April 13, 2015
- Register on line for our wide variety of summer evening classes. This 8 week session runs from June 22 through Aug 16.
- Classes resume Monday 4/6/15
- April 04, 2015
- Classes resume from Spring Break on Monday 4/6/15. See you in class!